Today I will show you how to send and receive SMS with sim900 Arduino UNO. You need Arduino GSM shield for this project. You can also make and receive calls with Arduino discuss in the future projects. However, in this project, I will only tell you how easy to text from Arduino on any number.
How to send and receive SMS with Arduino sim900 GSM shield:
You can do many projects with Arduino gsm shield it also supports GPRS, and you can make tracking device for your vehicle. But in this article, I only do Texting with GSM shield. It cost 25$. Let’s start.
What will you require?
- Arduino UNO.
- GSM Shield Sim900 Arduino.
- Jumper wires.
- 2A adapter.
We need 2A adapter to use all feature of GSM shield, but you can use USB port in this project texting not required much current in my opinion.
If you want to use Mega 2560 Board in this tutorial, you may be necessary lit bit modification in coding.
- First of all, you required A computer installed with Arduino IDE tool and setup according to your board. If you don’t know how to set up Arduino IDE, click here.
- Now connect your GSM shield with Arduino UNO. It’s very easy to connect Arduino GSM module on Arduino UNO.
- You need a library for Arduino GSM Shield Sim900. You can download from here.
- Insert GSM sim into Shield and USB port.
- Now you have to upload main code in you Arduino memory. You need to add your sim card number in the code. (SMS.SendSMS(“+300000000000”, “Arduino SMS”)) Add your Sim card number here to define it into Arduino which from you sending and receiving SMS
- Download Code from here.
You can send and receive SMS from Serial Monitor in Arduino IDE. You can connect this functionality with you other Arduino projects very easily. In future, I will make a tutorial on how to make tracking device with Arduino GSM Shield.
Hope you like this Arduino Project must share it on your wall and like my post 🙂
If you need any help regarding this project OR my other just leave comment I will try my best 🙂