In this project, You will learn how to make a call using GSM Module and Arduino. Recently I made a tutorial How to send SMS using GSM Module. You need Arduino GSM Module Sim900 for this project and Arduino UNO. Very easy to create this project and fascinating.
How to make a call using gsm module:
As I tell in my previous GSM module project that you can do many projects with Arduino GSM shield. But in this project, you will learn how to make a call using gsm module. I will only create SOS like phone machine in this project that is very accessible and useful. You may have seen in ATM a phone set with one push button to call customer service this project you can make the call and also receive a call with one push.
I am using Arduino UNO board and Arduino sim900 gsm shield in this project.
Things you may require:
- Arduino UNO board.
- Arduino sim900 GSM Shield.
- One LED.
- Two Touch OR PUSH button.
- Jumper wires.
- Adapter 2A 5V.
Now you need to connect all components correctly with each other here is a guide how to wiring see below.
- First of all, connect gsm shield on Arduino that’s very simple to connect as shown in the image.
- Connect push button on the breadboard. You only need to connect two pins of the pushbutton on Arduino. One will be GND and another one on Arduino 7 number pin.
- Insert GSM sim (Make sure you have Disable all pin code from sim card)
- Connect LED on pin 13 for call status.
- Connect with Computer with USB cable.
Computer side work:
- You must have installed the latest version of Arduino IDE tool on your PC. You can download from here.
- Now you need to install Library for Arduino GSM shield sim900. Download from here.
- Now you need the main code of this project to upload on Arduino Sheild you can download the Main source code from here.
- Before uploading the code, you need to insert calling party (SOS) number in the code. call.Call(“+300000000000”); //Insert telephone number here.
- Now upload the Code, and you have done 🙂
You can call and receive from which number you inserted in Arduino code. You can use it with your existing Arduino project to make more serviceable.
You can make GSM based Intercom Phone at your Home door which allows talking even you are not at home.
IF you have any question regarding this project or my other project, Simply drop a comment below I will be in touch very shortly.
Like our Facebook page and tweet on Twitter for more projects 🙂