In this tutorial, You will learn how to make led matrix Arduino project. This project for beginners to start work with Arduino platform of the prototype. However, there are many Arduino projects posted you can find OR visit below Feature Project of Arduino.
User Also Read:
In this tutorial, I will use 8 by eight led matrix 64leds board with Arduino UNO. You can draw text and graphics on led matrix to display. Let’s start how it will work and how to DIY.
How to DIY Led matrix Arduino:
You need Arduino UNO board, and an MAX7219 0r MAX7221 led matrix eight by 8 module to develop fine text and simple graphic display. You can buy it from online stores at the low price, and you can DIY yourself if you can. Let’s start the guide step by step.
What you will be required:
- Arduino UNO 0r Mega.
- 8*8 led matrix module.
- Some jumper wires.
- 5V adapter.
Now we need to wiring up all the things together correctly.
Very simple to connect all components with each other. Just follow below steps.
- Connect VVC pin to 5V pin on Arduino board.
- GND to GND.
- DIN pin to D12 on Arduino board.
- CS pin to D11 on Arduino board.
- The last one CLK pin to D10 on Arduino.
Now you need a library for led matrix to display text and simple graphic.
Main Source Code of led matrix Arduino:
The final step is to upload the main source code of this project to Arduino EPROM. Before uploading, you need to install way Oda/LedControl library for MAX7219 and MAX7221 Led display drivers. Follow instructions below.
- Download library/Drivers for led matrix module from here.
- Now download the main code of this project from here included the pixel to text tool to design your desired text or graphic.
- Open Arduino IDE from your PC.
- Select your correct board/Port from board settings which you’re connected to PC via USB.
- Install library. If you don’t know how to install, follow instruction from here.
- Now upload the Main code to Arduino UNO.
A tool included with Main source code which helps you to change led text and graphic to display on led matrix Arduino Module.
You can connect 5 to 8 module with one Arduino to build a large screen.
If you have any question or need any help, just drop your comment below. If you like must share it. Like our FB page and follow us on Twitter.